By: InSite Health Staff
According to U.S. News, 80% of New Year’s Resolutions fail by February.
Our health topic of the month for February aims to help you reach your fitness goals this year.
First we will talk a look at at how to create a SMART goal, followed with a few tips to help you keep on track. We will end with some general guidelines to get you started in a cardio and resistance program.
Let’s dive right in:
What is a SMART goal?
- S- Specific: What specifically do you want to accomplish?
- M- Measurable: What statistics can you use to help you track your progress?
- A- Achievable: Is it in your power to accomplish this?
- R- Realistic: Are you able to achieve the end goal in the desired amount of time?
- T- When exactly do you want to get to the end result?
Tips to help you maintain your progress:
- Progress slowly
- Incorporate physical activity as part of your daily routine
- Include different activities to keep it fresh
- Allow time for recovery
- Journal your workouts
- Workout with friends
- Do something you enjoy
Check back next week for general guidelines to get started on a cardio and resistance program.