By: InSite Health Staff
Welcome back! Last week we discussed how to create a goal and tips to keep progressing towards the end result, this week we will be providing some basic guidelines to get you started
Guidelines to help you get started:
Please talk to your healthcare provider before starting any exercise program.
Cardio Exercise (for adults):
150 Minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week, 75 min of vigorous activity per week, or a combination
Can be complete in multiple short sessions of at least 30 minutes
To determine your pulse range for your workout:
- 220 minus your age= Predicted Max Heart Rate
- Moderate Intensity= 50-70% of Max Heart Rate
- Vigorous Intensity= 70-85% of Max Heart Rate
Resistance Exercise (for adults):
- Train each major muscle group two or three days each week, using a variety of exercise and equipment
- Two to four set of each exercise
- 8-12 repetitions per set to improve strength and power
- 15-20 repetitions to improve muscular endurance
Medical Disclaimer: Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program. This general information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. Consult with your healthcare professional to design an appropriate exercise prescription. If you experience any pain or difficulty with these exercises, stop and consult your healthcare provider.
When to contact your physician: If you experience any symptoms of weakness, unsteadiness, light-headedness or dizziness, chest pain or pressure, nausea, or shortness of breath. Mild soreness after exercise may be experienced after beginning a new exercise. Also if the soreness does not improve after 3-4 days.